Just in case anyone feels the need to buy me some Easter candy (cough, Mom, cough), here is a little primer on the kinds I would most appreciate.
1) Cadbury Creme Eggs. These have been top of the list since childhood. My mom would hide these – and other things – encased in those plastic eggs around the house for us to find. Finding one with a creme eggs was almost as good as finding one with a quarter. Again, I am old.
Also, have you ever tried the mini creme eggs? Those things are incredibly addictive, and because they are so small, you can just keep popping them in your mouth until suddenly you realize that you have eaten the whole package. Not that that’s ever happened to me.
2) Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs. I don’t remember these from childhood. I think they are pretty recent. However, they are peanut butter combined with chocolate, which puts them in the category of “best things ever.”
3) Cadbury Mini Eggs. These used to be my mom’s favorite, and over the past few years I’ve grown to like them a lot, too. I think you can get something equivalent to these year-round in England, which is not fair.
4) Chocolate Bunny. Enough said.
5) Jellybeans. I prefer the “fruit” to the “spice” variety. Mostly because the spice ones have the black licorice-flavored ones.
Something I don’t want:
I don’t care the color, the size, or the shape, Peeps are not a proper foodstuff. I was going to make an objection based on their artificial content, but then I realized that a) the rest of the list isn’t exactly full of healthy food choices and b) I am currently drinking Caffeine-Free Diet Coke, which has all the chemicals of regular soda without the redeeming sugar and caffeine. So I’ll leave that part out.